Though this is a technical blog, I thought of helping people, who are willing to travel from Singapore to India under VBM (Vande Bharat Mission).
Here is the list of frequently asked questions…
*(Please comment if you find something to be corrected, or added in this post. I’ll keep updating this post with more information.)
Checklist to carry FAQs
|1.||Passport||Should be valid for at least 6 months at the time of travelling|
|2.||Valid EP/DP/SPASS for long term pass holders||Required at India/Singapore Airport|
|3.||Printout of HCI Registration Form email||Required at India/Singapore Airport|
|4.||Printout of Flight Ticket Booking||Required at Singapore Airport|
|5.||Printout of Negative RT-PCR Certificate||Required at India Airport|
|6.||Printout of Vaccination Certificate||Required at India Airport|
|7.||Printout of Air Suvidha Registration email||Required at India Airport|
Process to follow
- Register with High Commission of India, Singapore (HCI) using below link and get a registration number via email:- https://www.hcisingapore.gov.in/strandedregind
- Book flight ticket online from Singapore to India.
Most of the time Air India flights show unavailable online, In that case you can go to Air India Office to buy tickets physically at following address:-
JetSpeed Travels Pte Ltd
G.S.A Air India | R.A. Air India Express
Address: 3 Coleman Street, #03-07/08, Peninsula Shopping Centre, Singapore 179804
(Nearest MRT: City Hall MRT Station)
Tel: +65 62214909
- Do RT-PCR SWAB test within 72 hrs of departure from MOH Approved Labs:-
- Register with Air Suvidha Self Declaration form using below link and upload your passport, RT-PCR Negative Certificate, Vaccination Certificate:-
- Download the Vaccination Certificate and RT-PCR Negative Certificate from SG HealthHub or SG Notarise website:-
- 2 copies of each Vaccination Certificate, RT-PCR Negative Certificate and Air Suvidha Self Declaration forms to be carried at Airport check-in counter.
- Disembarkation form to be filled and signed at Airport check-in counter.
- That’s It! Wish you a very happy and safe Journey!
HCI Registration FAQs
- Register with High Commission of India, Singapore (HCI) using this link:-
- Compelling Case Reason:-
Select whatever is best match. If not, select “Tourists/Visitors stranded Abroad”
- You should receive an email with PDF Attachment from HCI after completing the form. Take a printout of that PDF.
Flight Ticket Booking FAQs
- It is recommended to book the flights with Air India and Air India Express.
- You can regularly check Air India Website Page for Evacuation Flights:
- You can also check Ministry of External Affairs, India Website for Full list of flights. These links are updated on regular basis. https://mea.gov.in/vande-Bharat-mission-list-of-flights.htm
RT-PCR Test FAQs
- You need to do RT-PCR swab test within 72 hrs of departure
- List of MOH approved Covid-19 test provider using this link:-
- PDF of list of MOH approved labs:-
- Links of some of the labs in singapore recommended by other travellers:-
Vaccination Certificate FAQs
- You can only travel if you are fully vaccinated
- You can download the Vaccination Certificate from SG HealthHub or SG Notarise website.
- You can login using username/password or using Singpass. Once login, you can download PDF file.
- You can navigate to SG HealthHub website from TraceTogether app or Singpass app as well.
Air Suvidha Registration FAQs
- Once you book a flight ticket. Fill the Air Suvidha Self Reporting Form online:-
- Do not confuse with the newdelhiairport.in url, This online form is mandatory for all indians international passengers arriving to India.
- You need to fill in your name, contact, passport number, and flight details. You also need to upload your passport, RT-PCR Negative Certificate, Vaccination Certificate. You will receive an Air Suvidha Registration Email with SR Number after filling the form. Download it, or print it. You will need this to show at the indian airport you are arriving.
Baggage Allowance FAQs
- Baggage allowance 30KG Check-in and 8KG Hand Luggage.
- Excess Baggage is allowed and chargeable at $28 Per KG.
Air India Express
- Baggage allowance is 25KG Check-in and 7KG Hand Luggage.
- You can check-in another 10KG luggage at the cost of $40.
Singapore Airport FAQs
- You are required to sign an Undertaking-cum-Indemnity Form and Embarkation Form at the Airport check-in counter.
- You will be required to report at indicated terminal of Changi International Airport minimum 3 hours before scheduled departure.
- Pregnant passengers between 32 and 35 weeks of pregnancy period are required to be in possession of Fit to Fly Certificate from a competent medical professional. Airline policy does not permit passengers of pregnancy period of 36 weeks and above to fly with Air India.
- You are requested to use private vehicle / taxi service for reaching Changi Airport (not to use MRT / Bus)
- Only bonafide passengers holding valid ticket (no accompanying individuals) will be permitted within Airport premises. Passengers requiring escort at Airport, owing to age, medical condition, etc may be permitted to be accompanied by one adult family member at the discretion of Changi Airport Management.
- Food packets including meal, snacks, water bottle, tissue papers will be kept at your seat.
- Face shield, mask hand sanitizer will also be kept at your seat.
- No or very less interaction with the crew
India Airport FAQs
- After Landing, You walk towards the Immigration Counter.
- You need to show Air Suvidha Registration Email at India Airport. Soft copy would be enough.
- Your temperature will be checked. If you have temperature, you will be sidelined for further checks.
- After The immigration, proceed to baggage counter, and then customs.
- After clearing the custom. You will be asked to download Arogya Setu app.
Singapore to India via Maldives FAQs
Direct Singapore to India flights are not readily available and some people are choosing Singapore to India via Maldives route for emergency visit to India. Below is the experience of one of the traveller:-
- Confirmed ticket for transit flight; layover in Male must be at least 4 hours
- Confirmed hotel booking for 1 night at Male
- Singapore Vaccination certificate notarised
- RT-PCR test results (maximum 72 hours before flight)
- Maldives Health Declaration - both arrival and departure - for each person travelling
- India Air Suvidha Form
- IC / FIN
- India High Commission registration (optional)
- Travel Insurance (optional)
(Please take print outs of all the above)
Singapore airport experience
The people at Singapore Airlines counter check all the above documents (except the two optional ones). It was straight forward, but some people who did not have confirmed hotel booking or 4 hour transit time were not allowed to board. They had to make changes to their schedule.
Male airport experience
Everyone arriving at Male was asked to clear out from immigration (passport was stamped) and collect their checked-in bags. Then they had to come back in through immigration, pass security procedures and check-in to the connecting flight in India. While this is a hassle, people who had a transit time of at least 4 hours were able to complete the above procedures easily.
India airport experience
The main things they checked were vaccination certificate, Singapore RT-PCR test result and Air Suvidha form. Immigration was quick and collection of bags took the normal time. They ask to do home quarantine.
Telegram groups to join
- High Commission of India, Singapore https://t.me/IndiatoSingapore
- Singapore to India https://t.me/sg2in
Mr. Gurmeet Singh and Mr. Robin Kapoor (GSA Air India) are active members of Singapore to India telegram group. Their contribution to answer your queries, provide latest updates is commendable. Some of the points in this post are shared by them.
Facebook groups to join
- High Commission of India, Singapore https://www.facebook.com/IndiaInSingapore/