Though this is a technical blog, I thought of helping people, who are willing to travel from Singapore to India under VBM (Vande Bharat Mission).
Here is the list of frequently asked questions…
*(Please comment if you find something to be corrected, or added in this post. I’ll keep updating this post with more information.)
Checklist to carry FAQs
|1.||Passport||Should be valid for at least 6 months at the time of travelling|
|2.||Valid EP/DP/SPASS||Required at India/Singapore Airport|
|3.||Printout of HCI Registration Form email||Required at India/Singapore Airport|
|4.||Printout of Flight Ticket Booking||Required at Singapore Airport|
|5.||Printout of Covid-19 RTPCR Test report||Required at India Airport|
|6.||Printout of Air Suvidha Registration email||Required at India Airport|
HCI Registration FAQs
- Indian Nationals cannot travel without “High Commission of India” (HCI) registration from Singapore to India.
- You can apply for HCI registration using this link:-
- You should receive an acknowledgement email with HCI registration number that you have successfully registered.
- Your HCI registration number will be verified at the SG airport which you receive as an acknowledgement mail once you fill the form.
For further enquiries / clarifications, if any, please write an email with reference of Name, Passport Number, Registration Number and Destination in India.
Call at ☎:
+65 6238 0207
+65 8350 9921
+65 9868 3975
+65 9867 4790
Flight Ticket Booking FAQs
You can regularly check Air India Website Page for Evacuation Flights:
You can also check Ministry of External Affairs, India Website for Full list of flights. These links are updated on regular basis. https://mea.gov.in/vande-Bharat-mission-list-of-flights.htm
You can book flight ticket online from Singapore to India. Alternatively you can go to Air India Office to buy tickets physically at following address:-
JetSpeed Travels Pte Ltd
G.S.A Air India | R.A. Air India Express
Address: 3 Coleman Street, #03-07/08, Peninsula Shopping Centre, Singapore 179804
(Nearest MRT: City Hall MRT Station)
Tel: +65 62214909
Baggage Allowance FAQs
- Baggage allowance 30KG Check-in and 8KG Hand Luggage.
- Excess Baggage is allowed and chargeable at $28 Per KG.
Air India Express
- Baggage allowance is 25KG Check-in and 7KG Hand Luggage.
- You can check-in another 10KG luggage at the cost of $40.
Singapore Airport FAQs
- You are required to sign an Undertaking-cum-Indemnity Form and Embarkation Form send along with email intimation from HCI and deposit the duly filled and signed forms with the HCI Officials at Airport before boarding the flight.
- You will be required to report at indicated terminal of Changi International Airport minimum 3 hours before scheduled departure.
- Pregnant passengers between 32 and 35 weeks of pregnancy period are required to be in possession of Fit to Fly Certificate from a competent medical professional. Airline policy does not permit passengers of pregnancy period of 36 weeks and above to fly with Air India.
- You are requested to use private vehicle / taxi service for reaching Changi Airport (not to use MRT / Bus)
- Only bonafide passengers holding valid ticket (no accompanying individuals) will be permitted within Airport premises. Passengers requiring escort at Airport, owing to age, medical condition, etc may be permitted to be accompanied by one adult family member at the discretion of Changi Airport Management.
- Food packets including meal, snacks, water bottle, tissue papers will be kept at your seat.
- Face shield, mask hand sanitizer will also be kept at your seat.
- No or very less interaction with the crew
India Airport FAQs
- After Landing, You walk towards the Immigration Counter.
- You need to show Air Suvidha Registration Email at India Airport. Soft copy would be enough.
- You also need to show Health Declaration Form which you filled at Singapore Airport
- Your temperature will be checked. If you have temperature, you will be sidelined for further checks.
- After The immigration, proceed to baggage counter, and then customs.
- After clearing the custom. You will be asked to download Arogya Setu app.
- Next, you proceed to Health Counters. They might be many counters for different city and states, you will go to the counter applicable for you. Where they decide your quarantine.
- If you have Air Suvidha Self Exemption Request Form with legitimate reason, You will be sent to 14 days home quarantine.
- If you don’t have one, They provide facility to get a Covid Test done at the airport itself. You have to wait at the airport till the test result comes, which may take upto 8-10 hours. Fill the “Air Suvidha Self Exemption Request Form” after negative test result and you will be sent to 14 days home quarantine.
- If you don’t have any of that, you will serve 14 days quarantine depending upon the flight arrival city and your place of residence:-
- 14 days at the hotel or Gov dedicated facility (Institutional Quarantine), or
- 14 days at home (Home Quarantine), or
- Mix of both i.e. 7 days Institutional Quarantine and 7 days Home Quarantine
- Follow this PDF link for state-wise quarantine rules:
Air Suvidha Registration FAQs
- Once you book a flight ticket. Fill the Air Suvidha Self Reporting Form online:-
Do not confuse with the newdelhiairport.in url, This online form is mandatory for all indians international passengers arriving to India. You need to fill in your name, contact, passport number, and flight details. You will receive an Air Suvidha Registration Email with SR Number after filling the form. Download it, or print it. You will need this to show at the indian airport you are arriving.
Covid-19 RTPCR Test FAQs
- Covid RTPCR Test is not mandatory if you are travelling from Air India or Air India Express. It is mandatory if travelling from Chartered Flights.
- Covid RTPCR Test is mandatory depending upon the Indian State you are travelling. Currently it is mandatory in Tamilnadu or West Bengal.
- Covid RTPCR Test is required if you want to exempt from Institutional Quarantine (means quarantine at the Government dedicated facility, or Hotel).
- If you wish to get the pre-departure Covid RTPCR test done in Singapore. You require MOH approval before you proceed to any Health Center in Singapore.
- You can apply for MOH approval using this link:-
Also note that you need to attach a reason for having test in application. For e.g. You can attach a circular published by Indian Central or State Gov which is stating mandatory test as the reason.
Exemption From Institutional Quarantine FAQs
- To Exempt from Institutional Quarantine. Fill the Air Suvidha Self Exemption Request Form online:-
- You need to provide a legitimate reason and attach proof for exemption. You will receive an Air Suvidha Exemption Email with ER Number after filling the form. Download it, or print it. You will need this to show at the indian airport you are arriving.
- One of the reason for exemption is RTPCR negative certificate.
- You can get “RTPCR negative certificate” from Health Center in Singapore after Covid Test. Please note that you need MOH approval before proceeding to any health center.
- Most of the Indian airports (Such as Delhi, Mumbai, HYD) have Rapid Covid Test Facility. You can get your Covid Test done at the airport after the immigration, get the negative report and then apply for “Air Suvidha Self Exemption Request Form”. Though you might have to wait for 10-12 hours at the airport until the test result comes.
- You can join these telegram groups to get latest updates and post your queries
- High Commission of India, Singapore https://t.me/IndiatoSingapore
- Singapore to India https://t.me/sg2in
Mr. Gurmeet Singh (GSA AirIndia) is an active member of Singapore to India telegram group. His contribution to answer your queries, provide latest updates is commendable. Some of the points in this post are shared by him.
- You can join this facebook group to post your queries.
- High Commission of India, Singapore https://www.facebook.com/IndiaInSingapore/
- Follow these twitter handles to get latest updates on flights and other announcements: